One of the top battle arena games, Fortnite from Epic Games is loved by many. The game shook the gaming world when it was first launched in 2017.
When the game became famous worldwide, the game’s developer Epic Games couldn’t help but make it available in many languages.
Now, playing the game in English is just fine for a majority of players.
However, the problem arises when the game gets stuck on an unfamiliar language and you don’t understand what is happening.
Thankfully, Epic Games has a very simple process for changing the language. Let’s have a look below:
Change the Language in Fortnite – Android (Different devices)
- Open Fortnite and start the game on your Android device
- On the home screen, tap on the hamburger Menu icon in the upper right corner.
- Tap on Settings, the first option in Menu from the top.
- In the Settings menu, tap on Game menu. This tab has a cog icon.
- The Language selection box is the first from the top. To choose the language, tap on the right/left arrows present on both sides of the Language selection box. The default language English has a pair of parentheses brackets.
- Tap on Apply in the bottom right.
- Now, a pop-up will appear, stating that you need to restart Fortnite.
- Tap on Confirm in the bottom right of the pop-up.
- Language settings reset is successful now for the entire interface of Fortnite.
- Restart the game and play.
Change the Language in Fortnite – iPhone
- Start the game on your iPhone.
- On the home screen, tap the hamburger Menu.
- Tap settings, the first option in the meny.
- Tap Game tab, the option with a cog icon.
- The first option in the Game menu is the Language selection box.
- In game language settings, navigate through the languages with left/right arrows or buttons.
- Select the desired language and tap Apply.
- Now, the Language Change Limited pop-up will appear, stating that you need to restart the game.
- Tap confirm in the lower right corner of the pop-up.
- Restart and enjoy!
Change the Language in Fortnite – XBox One
- First, start by loading Fortnite on your Xbox
- You will see the game’s home. Now, go to the Options menu and press it using your controller.
- The game menu will open. On the right of the main menu, you will see the Settings option. Highlight it.
- Press the A button on your controller for opening the Settings menu.
- Now the Game menu of the menu will open. It has a cog icon. If the Game tab does not open, you can navigate to the tab using the LB and RB buttons on your controller.
- In the Game tab, press the Down directional button once. It will highlight the language settings.
- With left and right directional buttons, change the language as per your choice from the available languages.
- Press the Y button on your controller to apply the change in language.
- Now, the Language Change Limited pop-up will show, telling that you will have to restart the game for language changes. Press A to confirm.
- Close all the menus, return to the home, and restart to enjoy Fortnite!
Change the Language in Fortnite – PS5
Start by loading Fortnite on your PS5
Go to the game’s home menu. Press the Options button on your controller. The main menu will open.
Press the directional button Down one time to highlight Settings, the first option at the top right corner of the menu.
Open Settings by pressing the X button.
Now, highlight Game menu by pressing the R1 button one time. It is presented by the cog icon.
Highlight the Language settings by pressing the Down button once.
With the Left, Right directional buttons on your controller, find the game language of your choice.
Once you choose from the languages, apply the change by pressing the Triangle button.
You will see the Language Change Limited pop-up. It will tell you that you will not see the language changes until you restart the game.
Now, press the X button to confirm and proceed.
Now, the entire Settings menu will now appear in the chosen new language.
Now press the Circle button twice to return to the home screen.
In the end, restart the game to apply the changes and start playing Fortnite your PS5.
Change Language in Fortnite – PC
- Launch the game on your computer.
- Click Settings.
- Click Game settings, the second option from left with a cog-like icon.
- You will see the Language settings.
- To shuffle through the languages, click the left/right arrow keys.
- When you have chosen the language, click the Apply button at the bottom of the menu. You can also apply it by pressing A on your keyboard.
- Now, the pop-up of Language Change Limited will appear on your screen. It will tell you to restart the game for applying the changes to the entire game.
- Press the Confirm button in the lower left corner of the pop-up.
- Once done, close the Settings menu.
- Restart to change the language setting and enjoy!