Game controllers are the backbone of any gaming device, be it Xbox or PSP. They are the input devices that are utilized for getting input to a video game, mostly to control an object or a gaming character. No wonder if you are playing a game on Xbox and you found that your Xbox One controller won’t turn on, you will feel depressed. The basic thing to identify your game controller working is by observing the lightning in it and if it’s not lit, it means some defect has made the controller stop its working process.
Common Reasons to why an xbox One controller fails to turn on
Mostly the failure of the Xbox controller occurs due to issues like battery, charging kit, firmware, or any internal hardware failures. The typical issues are as follows:
- Battery: The main reason why Xbox fails is due to battery issue. If the batteries are not working fine or they are indrawn, the controller will fail to turn on. So, do the appropriate installation of the batteries.
- Charging Cables: This is again a classic issue. If you use the charger and charging play kit to charge controller, the cables can fail internally and cause damage to Xbox.
- Firmware Issues: Firmware can cause issues during updating. The controller may fail to turn on and to fix this issue; you require reinstalling the firmware.
- Internal Defects: There is chances that something is damaged physically inside the controller that prevents it from starting. All you desire to remove this issue is, replace or repair the part that’s defected.
How to fix broken Xbox batteries
Xbox controller can face defects due to battery issues. Batteries can be dead or installed improperly or there may be any charging issue involved in it. Here’s is how you can check the battery issue:
- Remove the battery compartment from the back of the controller.
- Check the directions of batteries.
- Now remove batteries and verify that they are inserted in the right direction.
- When batteries are installed incorrectly, simply put them back in the right direction. If they are already installed fine, this means that the batteries are dead and you need to bring a new pair of batteries.
Fix the charge and play kit issues:
- Unplug the charge and play cable from Xbox One device and plug it in a diverse USB port on Xbox One.
- If the controller is still not working, simply disconnect your charge & play cable & attempt a different micro USB cable.
- Unplug the charge and play cable if controller is not turning on.
- Detach the battery cover of your controller.
- Detach the charge & play battery & find the damaged parts. After searching for damaged parts, destroy them.
- Put in new AA batteries and check if the controller works or not.
- If the player turns on with new batteries, it means the problem can either be with a charge or battery cable. If still the controller does not turn on, there might be some other issue.
Fixing Xbox Controller Firmware Issues
Well, the firmware is the backbone of the Xbox one controller and they are the type of software that’s embedded in the hardware. Here is how you can fix this issue:
- Plug the controller in the Xbox one with the help of a USB cable.
- Press the guide button using a functional Xbox one controller.
- Go to system>setting>kinect & devices>devices & accessories.
- Select “update requires” by finding the controller that does not work in the list of connected controllers.
- Chose “update now”.
- Wait for the update to be finished and verify if the controller works.
If you are still facing issues even after following the blog rules, buy a new controller.